I am pleased to be able to report that my Spiderweb is finished. (See “Going Back To The Beginning”.)It has taken a couple of weeks longer than originally planned, but I am really happy with the result.
There were several reasons for the delay in completion. The obvious one is that life has been quite busy. I have been trying to get back on track with publishing at least one post a week, but that has been derailed a bit lately too. I don’t know about you but I often wonder just where the time goes these days.
The second, slightly more challenging reason the project took longer to complete is that several rows ended up being done twice. I am a bit of a perfectionist (quite a lot actually!) and I am almost always unable to leave a mistake in my work if I find one. In this case the mistakes I found affected the pattern in the next row to varying degrees as well, so it was definitely better to sort them out.
I usually found these mistakes when I picked up my work the next day and got part way around a new row. The result of this was that on at least three occasions I ended up nearly one row further back a few minutes after starting a new day’s work. Very frustrating!
Never mind, it is really good to have it finished now. The next thing I have to do is unearth my shamefully neglected Needle Lace Sampler and try to get some more done on that. (See “Lace Sampler” and “Update On Lace Sampler”.) Of course there are also the ongoing knitting and crochet projects as well, just to make sure I don’t get bored!