(copied from NothingButKnit blog)
I thought it might be fun to ask some holiday related crafting questions. If you’d like to answer in the comments feel free. If you’d like to post the answers on your blog please leave a link in the comments so we can all come by and read them.
- Have you made holiday decorations for your home? What have you made? Do you have a tradition of making something every year?
- Did you craft for holidays when you were a child? Do you have a memory of something you made?
- Do you gift items that you make? Do you surprise the recipient or do they request something? How do you judge their worthiness? Have you ever regretted gifting someone?
- Have you seen a crafty project you’d like to make but haven’t?
- The only handmade decorations I currently have are a few I made at the Christmas craft afternoon run by a couple of ladies from our church a couple of weekends ago. We don’t really have a tradition of making decorations.
- I remember making paper chain decorations for the tree. We also made little silver bells using milk bottle tops which we pressed into shape over the lemon squeezer. We hung them on the tree with loops of cotton.
- Yes I gift items I have made. I have made a number of cross stitch pictures for different people (see “Paula Vaughan”) and recently had fun making cross stitch cushions for my grandchildren (see “Birthday Cushions Completed!”). I have also made numerous knitted and crocheted items for family members and friends over the years, some of which are mentioned in posts on my “Knitting” and “Crochet” pages. I have never regretted gifting any items. One gift which was particularly special was the cross stitch I designed and made for my best friend for her 60th birthday (see “The Magic of Outlining”) because she died about six weeks later (see “It’s Hard to Say Goodbye”).
- I have two tote bags full of cross stitch kits waiting to be done, not to mention a stash of yarn and several shelves and file boxes full of various kinds of patterns!