I was so full of good intentions for the school holidays. However, not only have those two weeks gone by, but it is now Saturday afternoon following the first week back at school! To be fair, I did actually get a lot done. The problem is that I didn’t spend much time at all catching up on computer related stuff.
The photo at the top is of a 2 ply baby singlet that I think I started back in June. I had good intentions back then of getting several of them made for the Neonatal Unit at Wellington Hospital. One is better than none I suppose, but it has been a bit frustrating.
I really love this pattern. It is one of the Plunket patterns (see “Baby Knitting”). The first time I knitted it I used some 3 ply baby wool that I had left over from a shawl, and it turned out a bit bigger than it should have (see “The First Batch Of Baby Knitting”). The one I have just finished is much better. I love the little crocheted detail around the neck and arm holes.
Another achievement over the holidays was a cross stitched book mark which was a birthday present for a friend. It was a small kitset project and I am really pleased with the finished result. I have included photos showing the felt on the back as well as the pretty design on the front. It was a bit of a mission getting the tassel through two layers of Aida fabric at the bottom of the book mark, but I think it really finishes it off nicely.
Some of you will have noticed that I did a big catch up on other people’s posts last night. I am hoping I can catch up on doing a few of my own over the next week. Fingers crossed!