So it’s one down and three more to go for my Kanata Kerchief Tank top. I have made a start on the second square and it is progressing nicely. This is a straight forward pattern with enough variation to keep it interesting. It grows at an encouraging rate too, due to the slightly larger than usual hook used. Altogether it is quite satisfying and relaxing to do.
Unfortunately my socks are not doing so well. I have made a little progress, but they have been rather slow going. Hopefully I can do a bit better with them soon.
I have to confess that I actually took these photos several days ago. This post has been delayed for two reasons:
- I was hoping I might be able to report the outcome of the job interview I had on Monday. This went well, and they indicated I could probably hear back towards the end of the week, but unfortunately that hasn’t happened yet. One reason for the delay could be that Thursday was a national holiday here (Waitangi Day) so I am still hopeful. I would really love to have this job.
- I succumbed to some of the bugs from the infant daycare “bug factory”. Any of you who have had experience of daycare centres, especially the infant areas, will understand what I mean by this. I thought I had been doing pretty well, but I came down with a bit of a cold earlier in the week. On Wednesday afternoon my throat started getting sore and by the evening it was a lot worse and my temperature was quite high. It was a good thing that Thursday was a holiday because it gave me time to recover so I could make it to work on Friday. I’m a lot better now but still very tired.
With a bit of luck next week will be a bit less eventful and I will manage to make more progress with some of my projects.